Sunday, December 10, 2006


You Can't Spell Plagiarist Without Liar...

Jayson Blair, the former New York Times reporter who was sacked for making up all sorts of shit, is back at work, for a magazine called bp (bi-polar).

The editor, who had no idea that Blair suffered from bi-polar disorder, said that she was looking forward to reading some of his submissions. He has offered several short stories to the magazine, including "A Clean, Well-Lighted Place", "The Old Man and the Sea", and "Teddy". Blair is also said to be working on a novel, entitled As I Lay Dying. When asked if he came up with those titles all on his own, he is said to have remarked, "Of course. I have learned my lesson. I am also working on a real epic work, but I don't know what to call it. It is about a white whale, and the efforts of a fanatical captain to catch the whale."

"I really have no idea what the title will be," Blair said. "It is really hard to come up with names for these things. I mean, in the past, the editors gave me the headlines after I did the reporting," Blair remarked.

So, to recap. Blair is back, bi-polar, and better than ever. (But if I were his editor, I might want to confirm that diagnosis (bi-polar), just to be sure.)



No comments: