Friday, December 08, 2006


Last evening, I was feeling a bit depressed, so I walked into a nearby church to get relief, not only from the cold, but also the season.
I strode, hesitantly, into the vestibule, and I was stopped by a kindly older gentleman, who told me that in order to enter the church, I would have to show him three items associated with Christmas.
With nothing but my tattered coat and empty pockets, I turned to walk away.
Then, I stopped.
I pulled out a sodden pack of matches and lit one. "A Christmas candle" , I said.
"That's one", the usher said.
I removed 87 cents in change, cupped it in my hand, and shook it, making a jingling noise. "Christmas bells", I said.
"That's two. Just one more."
I dug deep into my pockets, and felt something soft and silky. I pulled out a pair of panties. My face lit up as I waved them at the usher. "Carol's."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm, i wonder who told you that joke?

Anonymous said...

but what is up with the picture on this post??

Anonymous said...

It is Carol Alt.

The most famous Carol that I could find.

And a damn sight better looking than Carol Burnett, Carol Channing, or Carole King.

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha. yes i know who it is...i just figured you'd find some fabulous cartoon of some bum waving panties in the air. but alas.