Thursday, November 09, 2006

WHERE IS MY ICEPICK?

I received an e-mail that said: "what r u doing this weekend? i m going to see the Borat movie. LOL"*

First of all, the Borat movie may be pants-pissingly funny, but there is no place for "LOL" in that sentence. You are "laughing out loud" at the thought of going to the movie? Or, are you saying "Lots of Luck that I will find someone who is not put off by the ravings of my cat-sized brain"?

Second, punctuation, spelling and capitalization. I realise that a new day is dawning in America, when the House of Representatives is in the "...hands of America's children" (wait, does Speaker-elect Pelosi mean that the Democrats are children?), but does this mean that punctuation, spelling and capitalization have been banned?

Third, why does someone feel obliged to tell me that they are laughing out loud? Like I care.

In the future, I refuse to answer any e-mail that has "LOL" in the text. Instead, the e-mail will be posted here, on this site.

So there.

*I made up the e-mail content, but not the part of posting new e-mail with "LOL" in the text.

No comments: