Friday, February 15, 2008

But, She Didn't Apologise To The People of Georgia...

Jane Fonda, a guest on the Valentine's Day edition of NBC's Today, said something that got the juices flowing (pun intended).

When asked about the Eve Ensler play, The Vagina Monologues, Fonda said "...blah, blah, blah, I was living in Georgia...blah, blah, blah...cunt...blah, blah, blah."

In the social intercourse that is Today, the use of the word, cunt, was slipped right on in, by the censors. She just dropped it in, and no one noticed, immediately.

Shortly thereafter, Meredith Viera, the Today presenter, apologised to the world for the innocent use of the word, cunt.

But, neither Viera, nor Fonda, apologised to the people of Georgia for Fonda's insult.

Cunt.

3 comments:

Christopher King said...

What movie was that? You and I disagree on Miss Jane but in any event she prolly could use some dressing tips from His Honor.

Whom I believe should not have resigned (I mean, really, who cares about his lifestyle unless it involves illegal acts with minors) but what the hell I guess he figured he didn't need the hassle.

So funny I clearly broke that before the Union Leader but everyone is saying "Union Leader reported......"

It's All Good.

-c

-c

The Lifeguard said...

That was "Barbarella."

The only problem I had with Miss Jane was that she was such a tool for the North Vietnamese (and, she later admitted it).

I mean, really, she used to do the Tomahawk Chop (when she was married to that crazy bastard, Ted Turner); and, she's held up well.

As for the judge, I don't believe that he should have resigned, either. I did, however, find it funny that he "rear-ended" someone after leaving a gay bar.

And King, we still need to get together for the Ass-Whoopin' on the Tennis Court. (Sort of like the Rumble in the Jungle, only different.)

You are right. It is all good.

Christopher King said...

Tennis,

No whip right now man, working on that. Did you know the firm I work for got the Gloucester Fire Case?

Busy with the case --- which I will not discuss publicly -- and busy with legislation, which I will.

Yah, Jane did go too far and even I can admit that.

And His Honor did not go far enough, should have told them fuggitaboutit.

-c