Friday, January 18, 2008



RIP, J...


Sadly, I lost my friend, J, earlier this week. One minute he was with us; the next, he was gone.

I will miss the way that grumpy bastard could brighten a room...by leaving it.

His sardonic wit. The absolute disregard for political correctness. The great stories about a life lived (or wasted, depending upon your perspective). The laughs about the dumb shit that people do. Like taunting a tiger, or wearing a T-Shirt to court that says, "Bad Cop. No Doughnut."

Most of all, I will remember one of the first things that J said to me:

J: "Are you busy?"

Me: "No."

J: "Then, go fuck yourself."

To this day, I revel when I can ask a store clerk, receptionist, or anyone else (for that matter), "Are you busy?"

So, J, wherever you are: "Are you busy?"


No comments: