Thursday, January 04, 2007

I AM MADDER THAN HELL AND CAN NOT TAKE IT ANY MORE!

I went to the market and bought five items. The total was $6.63. I paid with a ten-spot. The pimply-faced Goth at the register had to call her manager to ask what the correct change should be.

First, it's simple math. You are 17, do it in your head. (Or did that last piercing affect your brain?)

Second, the fucking cash register tells you the correct change.

Third, I would wager that if you asked me really nicely, I might just tell you how much money you are supposed to return to me. For the love of Pete, I am a high school drop out and I know what the correct change should be.

All of this reminds me of a question on the GED:

You and three friends go out for pizza and sodas. The total bill is $22.00. How much does each person have to pay to divide the bill evenly?

A. $3.75

B. $5.50

C. $7.00

D. $8.15

All I know is that I wanted to go out to dinner with the people who checked C or D. I figure that way, I could eat for free, and make a few bucks in the process.

No comments: