Sunday, April 15, 2007

Shoot Me Now!

Don Imus uses a few words, meant as a joke, and gets fired. The rap group, Crime Mob uses the word "nigger" one hundred times in a song, on the campus of a predominately black university (South Carolina State University), and gets applause.

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6368690&nav=menu36_3

I am guessing that this might have something to do with the fact that, as SCSU student, Kendra Johnson noted, the rappers "...may be out of line, but they don't mean no harm." No, like Imus, they are fucking idiots, too. They just profit from a huge double standard.

Crime Mob is famous for their 2004 hits, "Fuck Nigga" and "Knuck if you Buck." Yep, these guys are classy dudes. Hard working lads who don't mean no harm.

Now forgive me for my lack of understanding of the whole Black Thang; but, I am pretty sure that I would be chalking up Imus's comments to being the ramblings of a cocaine-addled redneck. On the other hand, if I heard this (from "Fuck Nigga"):

Ol' stankin ass (Hoe) /Jank ass (Hoe)/Suck my dick you (Hoe) /Ol' fat ass (Hoe)/But aiight! /We finna get these lame ass niggaz/You see a hoe ass nigga, call his ass out./ Aye! Aye!

I might be a bit put out.

Oh, wait, they don't mean no harm.

So, why don't we run out and buy their albums, see their concerts, applaud diversity, because, as Student Body President, Deven Anderson said, "Being they are a performing artist group they're merely here to entertain us. That's nothing serious in content, they're here to entertain."

Sort of like...oh...Imus?

No comments: