Friday, April 13, 2007

GLOBAL WARMING REDUX

I am getting killed in the three Fantasy Baseball Leagues in which I participate. I am DFL (Dead Fucking Last) in two of them, in third place in the other. The DFLs are, largely, a consequence of the fact that my teams in those two leagues are top-heavy with members of the Cleveland Indians (Travis Hafner) and Seattle Mariners (Ichiro, Kenji Johjima), whose opening series, in Cleveland, was postponed due to sixteen fucking inches of snow on the field at The Jake.

Snow in April, and it is slated to be the coldest April in recorded history, nationwide.

As for me, I am sitting inside on this icy April 13th, looking at snow on my grass. On April 13th.

Now, I realise that weather in New England is mercurial, at best, (If you don't like the weather in Boston, just wait a minute) and I don't have a real problem with snow, but I think that it is disingenuous of Global Climate Change proponents to call anything involving weather changes as Global Warming.

As an aside, the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS), in a 5-4 ruling, as decreed that carbon dioxide emissions contributes to global warming. You know, like you get when you exhale.

If the politicians would just shut the fuck up, we might have less carbon dioxide; and, therefore, less global warming.

Please, oh please, shut up.

Oh, and say a prayer that Ichiro, Johjima and Hafner will go on a tear of Hall of Fame intensity, so that I can get out of the cellar in my Fantasy Baseball Leagues.

2 comments:

Christopher King said...

Ahhh, yes but remember that the weather pattern has just shifted a tad; witness the 60 degree days in December and no snow until January bit.

Also, you've got nothing coming on a tennis court, brother.

http://christopher-king.blogspot.com/2007/04/kingcast-presents-noahs-arc.html

We can prove that as soon as the warm weather returns.

Sorry for the ass-whuppin' you're going to take, but I'll give you 6-4, 6-2 on a bet :)

The Lifeguard said...

FBL Update:

Cellar in two leagues, second in one.

I am still reeling from all of the cancelled games, even as another Nor'easter rolls into town.

Bastards.