Monday, April 30, 2007


Breck Girl
In an effort to peel off Mitt Romney's prospective LDS voters, former North Carolina Senator John Edwards used the LDS key-phrase, "With every fibre of my being" at the California Democrat State Convention. Mormons everywhere recognise this phrase, and are, with the exception of Edwards, the only people that I have heard use it. I understand that Edwards celebrated his rousing speech by reading the Book of Mormon and eating red Jell-o.
Mitt Romney recoiled, saying, "Dangit, that's my line."
In other news, Senator Hillary Clinton (D-NY) spoke in her usual shrill and grating voice, not her condescending and annoying Southern accent (which is reserved for black and Southern audiences). Shivers went down my spine as Senator Clinton's fingernails-on-chalkboard utterings were broadcast through my car's speakers.
Everyone is courting California voters, because an early win in the California Primary would catapult the victor to the top of the heap in the race for the Democrat nomination for the 2008 election.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a Mormon thing. Really.