Wednesday, October 03, 2007


"Do You Know Who I Am?"

83-year-old former president, Nobel Laureate, and the asshat who kept me out of First Class, was visiting Darfur, when he confronted Sudanese security personnel, shouting, "You don't have the power to stop me." He was trying to get into a town, to talk to refugees fleeing the government-sponsored bloodshed.

Said Omar, the security officer, "I have a gun. I have the power to stop you, old man."

In reality, the 26,000 UN and African Union troops who will be arriving in the region to try to settle tensions in Darfur will do fuck-all. Fuck-all because they do not have the gumption to kill every last one of the fucktard janjaweed militia, and government troops. Jack shit because many of the African Union troops are also Muslim, and they will not kill their coreligionists. Cock because--in the main--African Union troops are not particularly effective.

I find it amusing that the same people who want us out of Iraq now want us to stop the genocide in Darfur. However, I would wager that within five minutes of the first bomb falling on that African shithole, these same do-gooders would be screaming about torture, civilian casualties, and how we need to get out of Darfur because it is a civil war.

Frankly, I do not believe that we should judge these people, these Islamic fanatics. Only God can do that. Our job is to arrange the meeting, at the earliest possible occasion.

Or, we could just send President Carter there, with a one-way ticket (on Virgin Atlantic, no doubt), and let him try to sort out the morass.

No comments: