Monday, September 15, 2008

Take me out to the ballgame...

Sox Win 4-3!
I was at Fenway Park on Sunday afternoon. The Toronto Blue Jays were in town; and, this was the final game of the series. As an additional bonus, I was privileged to attend the game with my friends, D and D, who had surprised their dad with a trip to Boston and a ballgame at Fenway Park.

I woke to pelting rain and grey skies; and, there was some concern (on my friends' part) that there might well be a lengthy delay (or postponement). But, we kept our fingers crossed; and, by game time, the skies had cleared, the rain had stopped, and the battle between Boston's Jon Lester and Toronto's Roy Halladay (pitching on three days' rest) began in earnest.

It was a great game, in spite of a quick score by Toronto in the top of the first. Boston answered in the bottom of the first and second, and the 2-1 margin held for most of the game.

We also watched, with eager anticipation, the Green Monster scoreboard, tracking the progress of the Yankees v. Rays game.

As always, Fenway was the draw. The perfect venue for the perfect game, baseball. The Lifeguard enjoyed the game, the fans, the food, and the chance to share such a momentous event--a maiden trip to Fenway--with good friends.

And, with that win (and the Rays' loss to the Yankees), the Sox pulled to within one game of the Tampa Bay Rays.

The hunt for the 2008 pennant continues.

Sweet.

1 comment:

Christopher King said...

The Tribe eff'd up and gave Boston the Championship last year. Either of us would have won the Big Round.

But that's okay with me because the Tribe still has a patently racist mascot/icon.

I should be getting my racket back today. Down to one after an unfortunate highway incident with the Pro Staff.

We still have time left.

Going to Franconia next weekend maybe Wed-TH we can hit?

Email me your phone number.

-c