It's been a little over a week since the cowardly combo, Tamarlan Tsarnaev (a/k/a Speedbump) and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (a/k/a Flashbang) killed four and wounded and maimed over two hundred people on their Islam-fueled terror spree. We are still standing, and The Lifeguard is still contemplating, what this means in The War Against Terror.
- Speedbump, his wife, and his brother, it seems, were welfare recipients, at least until 2012, when Speedbump's wife (and convert to the so-called "Religion of Peace") started working eighty hours a week. This, apparently, was so that her husband could continue his study of the Noble Qur'an, purchase fireworks, and research pressure cookers.
- Speedbump was, apparently, on classified government watch list. Sadly, no one was watching him. He made the list in 2011, after the Russian government informed the FBI that he, an ethnic Chechen, had become a follower of radical Islamists.
- When the bombs went off last Monday, was The Lifeguard the only one who immediately went to "Islamic terrorists"? Wouldn't it be prudent to cull the aforementioned government watch list of those following radical Islamists, then watch them? Political correctness seems to have led us to this point, and maybe it's time to re-evaluate this behavior.
- Why hasn't President Obama condemned (or mentioned) Islamic fundamentalism over the last week? Why hasn't anyone (in the administration) come out with a condemnation of Islamic fundamentalism?
- Flashbang continues to recover in a Boston hospital. He has received his Miranda warning, and will be tried in a civilian court.
- Isn't it kind of ironic that an Islamic terrorist is recovering in Beth Israel Hospital?
- And, The Lifeguard finds it kind of hard to make light about a terrible tragedy. One that might have been stopped were we not so damned afraid of offending a group that has reliably been connected to terror bombings.
That's all for now.