Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Weep for the future...

The Drinking Age Is 21...

You have to be 18 to vote, and to drive (in some states). 18 to get married (unless you live in Arkansas), and 17 to enlist in the Armed Forces of the United States of America.

We don't trust mere children to drink responsibly; or, to drive safely; or, to carry firearms.

Mainly, because they are children, and we know that they do not have the life experience and maturity to make difficult decisions.

So, why in the name of all that is holy would we trust our little darlings with our choice for the most important post in the world?

Kids for Obama?

I don't trust my 16 year old niece for anything other than programming my cell phone and which movies to see. I sure as hell will not trust her to help me cast my vote in November. And, if you are wise, you will make your own decisions as to the Presidential election. Let the kids decide who to vote off American Idol.

No comments: