Thursday, February 15, 2007

Why Do We Live In Massachusetts?

Snow storms that deliver little in the way of snow, but a lot in the way of aggravation (vis a vis school closings, traffic jams, and news reporting).

I flew into Logan just hours ahead of a Nor'easter that promised Oswego, New York quantities of snow, and found little to bother me...except that school was cancelled (in some cases, before the snow even began falling), and the plow drivers, rolling along the highways and byways (also before the snow began falling) seemed to have their plow blades up all of the time.

As an aside, I lived in Utah for a long time, and I witnessed some pretty serious blizzards, none of which ever closed the schools. Ever.

In fact, the morning after the storm began, I found unplowed roads, and idiots driving at either end of the speed-spectrum. One person was doing 85, while another was traveling at 25, both on the Interstate. Interestingly enough, when I tried to pass the latter person, she began to drift into me. The person going 85 was a Massachusetts State Policeman. On his way, no doubt, to shoot the asshole plow drivers who were not plowing, while they were watching the snow collect on the roads, slurping crappy Dunkin' Donuts coffee.

But, I digress.

There is no such thing as global warming.

The snow I had to shovel proves it.

No comments: